Well, the Tooth Fairy is no longer a mystery, after she "tricked" me by not telling me a tooth had fallen out (as advised by kids at school) and, when no money was forthcoming, faced up to me, looked me straight in the eye and demanded "Mummy, tell me the truth, is the Truth Fairy real, or do you do it?" I couldn't lie to her face and she IS 11 and a half, so I told her the truth. (She was most disappointed a day or two later when she lost another tooth and found out if you don't believe there is no money! LOL!) She still believes fairies exist though, so all is not lost (I can thank my Dad for that, he STILL believes!).Then, straight after, she asked me if Santa was real? The same kids at school don't believe apparently. I asked what SHE believed, and she said she believes in Santa (I don't know whether this was because of the fear that Santa also doesn't come once you don't believe ROFL!). I think deep down she knows the truth, it wouldn't surprise me if she has found my prezzie stash, but I am so glad that at least for one more year my baby girl believes. I doubt very much I will be able to hoodwink her brother til he is that age!!
Because she is growing up soooo fast, not believing would just be the final blow. Wait until I share photos of her in her "Boy From Oz" showgirl costume for her Musical Theatre dance class concert item. You won't believe it! Yep, growing up way too fast!
So today's Dec 5 photo is my big girl, no longer my baby, not yet a Young Woman, but watch out world, she's approaching at speed!
Trace xx
1 comment:
Hi Tracey, we're just going through the same thing with Shayla, she's 10.5. She did exactly the same trick with the tooth earlier in the year! But up until only a couple of weeks ago she still believed in Santa until she must have worked it out that possibly because the tooth fairy wasn't realy then neither would santa be. It's quite a sad moment!
Post a Comment