The Tree is dead. Long live the Tree! In the dump if I have my way, and soon too. Apart from almost falling on Ronin yesterday while he was playing with the train, and the fact that we can't put the train track around the tree because it has to lean drunkenly against the wall, and that as it leans all the wonky branches swing to the sides leaving a big gap in the middle and the star on top is pointing to Mecca.........well, apart from all that it's a nice tree! ROFL!My photo today, Day 4, was going to be my computer showing one of the home shopping sites I have frequented today, and recently as a matter of fact. I have been far more successful doing my Christmas shopping online this year and it's a lot easier on the feet, nerves and wallet - mostly because I am only buying what I am looking for and not just picking stuff up and thinking "Well, Aunt Mavis would just love this hot pink teapot that plays "Edelweiss" and comes with matching sugar bowl and creamer with lights that flash in time to the music! And it's 25% off today only!!!" I have got a lot of great bargains and things I wouldn't have got elsewhere, so I am very happy!
But I took photos of The Wonky Tree anyway and looking at it, I felt a true affinity. I mean, isn't this the true depiction of Christmas? Feeling so exhausted after shopping, concerts, graduations and parties that you need to be held up? Having had a bit too much to eat and drink at Christmas so that you are in danger of falling down? Being so overburdened with love and wonderful presents and children giving big hugs that you collapse with joy? I hope so (the last two anyway!) Hee hee!
Tracey xx
1 comment:
OMG that is too funny!! I hope you get a new tree!!!
Post a Comment