Well yesterday was Happy Horsey Birthday Day and they have started touting the Spring Racing Carnival (did you know we are getting Melbourne Cup Day as a holiday here in Canberra? ROFL!) so that means the hump of the year is over and we're on the downward slide to Christmas! Eeeeek! Of course we have a holiday, two dance Eisteddfods and another lot of school holidays before then but I can see the end of the year as a little dot on the horizon.And nothing brought it home to me more than signing the Acceptance of Preschool Place form for Ronin for next ye
ar. OMG! My boy is getting OOOOORFULL big!
ar. OMG! My boy is getting OOOOORFULL big!And despite the negative temperatures overnight, the foggy mornings, the thick ice, the forecast snow, the hail storms and snow on the surrounding hills, the temps have been rising this week well into the double figures so that's something to get excited about! Soon we will be able to go for a walk without getting frostbite LOL! Still, even though it's a wee bit chilly, I think Canberra in winter is quite beautiful. Above is a pic of Ronin on a walk the other day, and below is a layout I did using yummy Fancy Pants papers for TSH Newsletter.
But most of our excitement this week has been dedicated to how many sleeps and days left til we wing off across the Pacific to say Bula to sunnier climes (we hope!) and the warm welcoming arms of Fiji! Chris has sent us to buy masks, fins and snorkles for some water fun, and will be having a dive or two himself; Taylor has plans to spend every waking moment in the Kids Club (with the exception of the Dolphin Cruise!) and Ronin is leaping out of his skin at the thought of swimming every day! And me? In between making sure Taylor spends SOME time with the family and Ronin doesn't drown himself, I'm hoping Chris and I can enjoy a lovely meal at the fine dining restaurant and I've already chosen my 90 minute pampering session of body scrub, head massage and pedicure at the Day Spa!!! Only 2 days (3 sleeps) to go! Woohoo!
Meantime, I have been working off lists that rival Santa's Naughty & Nice one in length! All the stuff to take away, all the stuff that needs doing before I go, stuff for MIL, who we are leaving behind to look after things. And I've been trying to get all my scrapping commitments completed in advance too. I've enjoyed some scrapping lately, partially due to the yummy new stuff I've been getting jammed into Pizza Boxes from The Scrap Heap! I'm hoping to do LOTS more when I get back and I expect I'll have one or two new photos to scrap as well! So I'm sharing a few layouts with you here and I'll try and get a post up on our trip when I get back!
To finish I'd just like to say hi to my Dad who is in hospital after a successful operation. I wish I could have gone visit him! I'd also like to say Happy Birthday to my wonderful nephew Rhys, who I forgot to ring - oh dear! And a "get well soon" to Chrissy, Debbie Y and anyone else I've forgotten from the Inspiration Team or the Aussielayouts Girls who are suffering from the lurgy at the moment!
Catch you all soon!
Trace xx


2 comments:
All your layouts are so fab Tracey!!! Have a wonderful time on your trip - can't wait to see the photos!
so cute!! LOVE
Post a Comment