Sunday, September 10, 2006

FAREWELL FOOTBALL (FOR 2006 ANYWAY!)

Say hello to my new baby! This is my new camera, the Sony Alpha Digital SLR A-100! I haven't had time to play to much with it since Thursday but I've started reading the manual and I've taken a few quick shots. Hopefully I will be able to share some masterpieces with you soon :)

It's been a busy week for all of us. Ronin started swimming lessons in the big pool, without Mummy! As I feared, he kept jumping in whenever the teacher's back was turned but she managed to save him from drowning (many times!) and he survived the class LOL! I'm hoping he gets better! Anyway, he enjoyed it!

Taylor played the last soccer game of the season, they won 4-1, and next week we have presentations. At her level, there is no ladder, no finals etc. They had lots of fun though!


I haven't done a lot of scrapping. I've been playing with a layout for my "BLING it on" class at Swig 13 in October (watch out for Sneak Peek soon!) and spent most of the week completing a family album for Chris to present to his Uncle when he visits him for the first time in London next week. I didn't scan it to share, but I think it came out great!

This week's Newsletter for The Scrap Heap showcased layouts celebrating the men our lives in honour of last week's Fathers Day. This photo is from Fathers Day 2004. Ronin couldn't keep still long enough for a perfect shot, but I think it captures the moment perfectly! Love the bright Sweetwater, Chatterbox and 3 Bugs In A Rug papers, and especially the Jumbo Bookplate by Basic Grey. This layout was inspired by one I saw on 2Peas a while ago by Mama2My3Princes.

Had a nice visit this past weekend from Debbie and Trent. Ronin practically attacks poor Trent, who wrestles and plays with him and makes him laugh hysterically. He certainly slept well the past two nights LOL!

Big kisses to my Dad for Fathers Day last Sunday (don't worry Dad the prezzie is coming - it's just a special one that's all!). He's having a bit of a bad trot healthwise but we're all hoping it will be fixed soon and he can relax and enjoy life again. Love ya Daddy!

Chris had a bit of a poor Fathers Day since I was sick, but he was glad to at least be home with his kids this year for the special day! I'm sure he was missing his own Dad.

It has been a sad week with the shock passing of the irrepressable and amazing Steve Irwin and so soon after motor racing legend Peter Brock. Great Australians who left this world doing the things they loved the most, what more can a person ask for? My heartfelt condolences go to their families, especially the young children of Steve Irwin. The Queensland government has set up a section on their website where you can leave sympathy messages for the Irwin family, go HERE.

And now, you're probably wondering what the Blog Title was all about so I'll finish up with my very last words on the subject. My poor Magpies did little to acquit themselves in the AFL First Elimination Final today where they were POUNDED by the Western Bulldogs at the MCG. Oh dear, if only they had kept up the momentum from the first quarter, where they played hard and well! Oh well, from bottom of the ladder last year to 5th year and a finals berth this year, I guess we should be happy with that! And as I always say, there's always next year! I'm going for Melbourne now, for my Uncle Pete, a long-suffering Demons supporter :) Although, does he deserve any more after becoming equal winner of our friends&family footy tipping comp? I came equal 3rd along with 3 others including Unk's wife the wonderful Jannie, and only just got my year's money back LOL!

Have a great week everyone! Hope your footy teams win (boo hoo!), and your hayfever doesn't destory you too much (achoo!). Not long til Christmas now...............

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hello there baby!! LOL I love the new member of your fam there Trace! *giggle* Can't wait to see some piccies from her, promise to bring her to SWIG so I can have a looksy for real ok.

At the moment I'm pretty much scrapping for the newsletter and that's it. Too many b'day parties and sadly not enough hands the past couple of days to do more than that. Am hoping to be able to take this bandage off to scrap my SWIG class LO in the next day or so, fingers crossed (well those on the left hand anyways! LOL)

Hugs!
Chrissy xx

Ruthy said...

OMGness you will be having some fun now won't you!!!!! with that new camera! - good on ya!
Sadly I'm not going to see you in Oct because we've got a wedding on the same weekend! But I'm sure there will be a time soon!
Ruthy x

Chris Millar said...

Yay for the new camera Tracey!!! Can't wait to see the terrific shots you take with it!!
Your SWIG class sounds exciting!

Chrissy said...

OK you've been tagged sweetie! ;-)

Bev said...

didnt hold out much hope for Geelond since they havent won a grand final since 1963!!!!!!!!! Love the new camera, good luck with the driving lessons