Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Movie Star & The Horrible Haircut


Missing my fella. We all are. Ronin has taken to referring to him as "My Dad" all the time rather than just "Dad", it's too darn cute! But he's coming home early, on Saturday, in time for my birthday on Sunday. I'm a Gotta-Love-Ya-Birthday type of girl, no hiding the date, acting demure or pretending I'm 21 again - no sirree I'll be 43 and glad to be there thank you very much! And glad my darlin' will be there too! So as I was thinking of him, I thought I'd do this layout of him with his brothers, at his bro Jason's wedding last November (he's the one in the middle!). Isn't that Wild Asparagus paper just delicious?? And I'm a bit of a bracket officionado, glad to have a nice stash of different chippie brackets now! And of course, no layout lately would be complete without flowers, doodling, handwriting and Making Memories Alphas or Numbers! Hope you enjoy!

Well, I'm sure this Scrapbooking DVD I am involved with is CURSED! Never meant to be! Thank you so much, first of all, to the lovely Rosemary and Geoff for inviting me to be a part of such a classy project. I was a bit unsure of the whole thing at first, but they are so friendly and so professional, that I was gradually drawn in and now I am really enthused. And so filming was to begin tomorrow. I had arranged for two scrapping friends to come over to be involved in a portion of the filming. Meanwhile I made the hairdressing appointment so that at least one part of me would look good!

We all know what happened there, now don't we?

I am not ready to share the re-cut haircut as yet. The haircut and I have not yet come to terms. It is still perched up there, on my head, looking like it belongs to someone else entirely, and it doesn't look too happy. And neither am I frankly! Hairdresser no. 2 did a great job with what she had to work with, but the marine buzz cut is looking a good option rightabout now. I've tried every haircare product in my collection, hairdryers and curling wands and enough hairspray to creat a hole in the ozone layer as big as Tasmania! I notice people just don't mention the new "do". And my family just look at my face when they talk. Their eyes never wander, but look as though they would like to just have another peek at it, to check it really is there, on me, and not on some sad pensioner at the RSL. *sigh* at least the colour is good, if the grey roots were still showing, well, I would have to log on to Wigs-R-Us and run up the Visa with some fake flowing locks or sexy curls. Chris is due home on the weekend. I have had nightmares of him fleeing screaming from the house upon espying me. I shall have to make sure the rest of me is looking fabulously nifty and maybe I can pop on one of Taylor's bandanas a-la-Elsie Flanagan, adopt a more bohemian, funky look. I could proudly announce I'm having a midlife crisis, have an affair with the Drive-Thru McDonalds boy, learn Spanish and run of to Belize with only my toothbrush! It's supposed to be trendy for middle-aged crones like myself at the moment, if one goes by breakfast TV!

So enough on the hair. We've decided on a bandana, maybe a hat, or a toupee for that. Then there is the face. How come I've developed acne in my 40s? Where is the section in the Pimple Cream Aisle at Priceline for "Mature Skin"???? Maybe it's not acne at all, but some sort of pre-menopausal hormonal eruption. Or Bird Flu. Do you get spots with that? So I guess now I'll upgrade the headwear to a balaclava.

And my weight. Hello? I am dieting and exercising here? What the heck has got into my scales? They are obviously in league with my wardrobe, items of which seem to have become uncomfortably tight. I watch "The Biggest Loser", what else do I need to do I ask you?

So now, we're looking at a cloak, full length, a slimming black I think. Where can I get one of those Harry Potter Invisibility Cloaks. Looks like I'm off to Diagon Alley before the detailer comes to collect my car in the morning.....

The saga continues. One of my friends drops out because she is not comfortable with the whole thing, quite understandable. I'm quite uncomfortable myself at the moment, in my flowing robes and ski mask! And Friend No. 2 has been severely inconvenienced by an ill child - why do children do this? Is it on purpose? And why couldn't mine have at least pretended to have a slight sniffle? That would have made a good excuse to postpone.....

I am really not facing reality. I haven't run around like a blue-bummed-fly cleaning every surface like I normally do for visitors, especially those bearing lights and video cameras! I haven't even completed a layout for my own weekly challenge for The Scrap Heap Inspiration Team. I have a box of gorgeous new Chatterbox, Basic Grey, Fancy Pants and cherryArte papers that I need a ladder to see over. Considering the small amount of paper I use on each layout these days, one would think I would be scrapping every spare moment (er, what are those?) And yet, I sit here, merrily reading all the blogs in my Favourites list, simply stunning all of them by the way, and doing my blog, and, um, well I cooked dinner and looked after the kids and went to swimming lessons and did pick up from dance class I suppose, but that's all.

I'm rambling.

I'm obviously very tired and need to get to bed before I turn into a pumpkin! Thanks for listening to me rant! Think of me tomorrow, I think I'm just going to get them to film my layouts in this session, I look OK in those.....!!

xxx

4 comments:

Ruthy said...

Hi Tracey,
Great to have heard from you as you dropped by my blog. The hair thing. While we were on the retreat when we first met, I commented to my SIL how much I loved your hairstyle and that is what I wanted mine like, she let me down gentally (like a brick) and said but you have different sort of hair and it will never do 'that'! bummer!!! So I laugh (not at you, but with you)now that your having 'hair' issues, mine is sort of doing the style you had then so there you go!
Love LOve your LO's. You are in the company of another local friend Juanita at SH. I am coming to the JUly retreat so Hopefully I'll see you there!
Cheers
Ruthy x

Chris Millar said...

Loving all your doodling Tracey! Another fabulous layout! What is the story about the hair, did I miss a photo???

Chrissy said...

Oh sweetie I'm sure you look wonderful, a new hair do is always a little hard to get used to particularly when you are not thrilled with it. Let us know what chris says when he gets home for your special day.

I'm still so excited for you about the dvd, I can't wait to see it!!

Miss H said...

Hi Tracey, Loving your blog and your LO's. I hope everying thing works out with the hair, DVD, face, clothes etc. Having a lot of fun reading it all!!