Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Bursting out of the Blur

The last few days have been a bit blurry around the edges, but I have to say that Ronin and I had the PERFECT day yesterday! We went to swimming class in the morning and he was so well behaved, he loved his class and did everything he was supposed to with gusto, including jumping in from the side of the pool, and there was NO screaming, punching and demanding of rubber duckies, and that's gotta be a good thing! He had a lovely play afterwards and got out of the pool without complaint, ate his iceblock without slopping any on his clothes and was generally a happy little boy. Whose kid was this??

Other than that, things have been same-old same-old. I had an MRI on my brain today - Chris predicted it would come back "negative" - hardy har har! Heaps of fun if you're into laying in a white plastic tunnel with your head clamped to the table and the noise a mixture of the invading aliens in "War of the Worlds", an annoying car alarm and a Limp Biskit track! Luckily it was only for 15 minutes. Apparently the Doctor will decipher the results tomorrow, but I saw the screen, and there was a brain there, so already Chris's prediction has come to nought!

Tonight Sandra went to the club for a few hours and came back having one a Meat Tray in a raffle, so we said she could stay for another week at least, and we're having a barbie tomorrow night. The neighbours will think we're rich, having whopping big steaks for simply no reason at all!

Chris is getting mighty worried about my Big Loser addiction (or as Taylor says "Hey Mum, the Fat People are on!") and he predicts I'll be watching Big Brother next. I'm sorry, but even I have standards ROFL! No offence to my dear friend Virginia and her gorgeous daughter Jade!

Feeling so much better tonight, and with the kids tucked into bed (at some times it turned out to be both in Taylor's bed, a recurring theme lately!) so I found some time to scrap the lovely new Basic Grey papers I picked up from my friend the lovely Ainslee the other day. I love these rich colours and patterns, and I love this photo of the kids last year walking home from the park. The poem I found on 2Peas, by A. Montgomery, and it reads:

Hold my hand little brother,
There’s so much you need to know
So many things to teach you,
That only I can show…
Hold my hand little brother,
You can always count on me,
Our fights and laughter are sure to come,
But best friends we’ll always be…
Hold my hand little brother,
I will always be your guide,
We’ll be together through it all,
Right by each other’s side
Hold my hand little brother,
It’s you and me together,
Friends in life will come and go
But your big sister is forever!
I'm looking forward to my next delivery of lovely Chatterbox papers from The Scrap Heap, so keep an eye out for my layouts in their Newsletter and Gallery ( www.thescrapheap.com.au ).
Thanks for tuning in!

No comments: