Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Creative Forces!


I did this layout the other day, it was a bit of fun, a flirt with hybrid, using a digikit called "Dotty" by Jo Hanna that you will find at 2Peas HERE.  The photos are from a silly Photobooth session Taylor and I did a few weeks ago, and as my printer is playing up and will only print properly in "standard" (and not photo) it meant I could actually print this at home.  Once printed I decided to take up the Palette #21 challenge on The Color Room but I forgot to upload it in time, silly me!  It's on there now though, and I must say, I was so excited to read all the lovely comments from the girls there when I woke up this morning!  It's such a lovely site!  Very inspiring and encouraging.

Speaking of inspiring and encouraging and challenges.......I have had two "wins" this week!  I was chosen as an August monthly winner over at Kraft it Up! and was the random entry winner at Creative Prompts.  So lots of goodies for me, as well as a lovely big box of goodies I had ordered and received from the US today!  I am certainly enjoying this new burst of creativity!  In fact, I finished another layout last night, which I will share tomorrow, and I have begun the next challenge from the colour room too!

On the home front, I have Taylor home today and tomorrow after picking her up from sick bay at the school yesterday.  Just a bit of seasonal yuckiness and some problems resulting from her sore back.  Tomorrow is athletics carnival which she can't participate in so she can stay home and do a few things around here, like homework, and cleaning her room!  Yeah right, we'll see how THAT works out LOL!

And Ronin has developed a Star Wars obsession thanks to the Lego Star Wars computer game Daddy bought him.  Since Friday we have watched 3 of the movies, he has bought a new Lego Star Wars kit and built it, ordered a Lego R2-D2 from E-Bay and played lots of his new game!  It doesn't REALLY worry me, as I love Star Wars, and was a mad fan of it as a young teenager, with scrapbooks of Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford!

Ronin loves hanging out on the LEGO website and is also a big YouTube fan, especially of stop-action style movies, therefore this one from the Lego site is a big favourite.  So if you want a quick catch up on the original 3 movies, here it is, Lego-style!

May the Force be with you!

Cheers,
Tracey xx

No comments: