Ronin on the other hand DID go to school today and unfortunately due
to our House of Germs I had to cancel a playdate with a little mate from his class. The poor little guy just bawled when I told him he wouldn't be coming over to play, but next week will be a better day anyway. Today was wet and cold, as it was on the weekend, also resulting in a yard full of unpicked-up doggy do, so definitely no outside play. Hopefully it will be a nice day next Monday and they can play on the playground and trampoline. Also, we will have our new REALLY BIG TV in the Media Room, linked up to the Wii and Playstation (the Foxtel multiroom gets hooked up on Tuesday) - lots more fun things for little boys to play with! I think however that the main focus of the visit is to play with Ronin's huge and still-growing collection of Lego Power Miners, thanks to lots of presents from Daddy returning from trips and saving up of pocket and birthday money! They are his latest obsession, build-your-own lego earth-excavating vehicles complete with Rock Monsters and little men called Power Miners. He also loves their website, which he discovered when he was home sick.
It's lovely having Chris home again. We had a lazy weekend, just all hanging out together. He had a good but lonely trip to Thailand, Canada and California and we enjoyed looking at his photos of Toronto, his visit to friends at their lakeside cabin and his hilarious video of driving down Lombard Street and other roads in San Francisco. We especially loved the photos of his riding and being picked up by an elephant at a zoo near Pattaya in Thailand, where he also had a huge snake slung around his neck and watched an amazing elephant show among other things.
I've attached a few photos to share. The first one is a recent photo of baby Hunter and his big sister Rhylie. I had to look 3 times to make sure it wasn't a photo of Taylor at 4yo! Rhylie looks exactly like Taylor in this shot. When she smiles she looks a lot like her Mum, but in this shot, with her hair in the same style Tay had when she was 4, totally amazing resemblance!
I've also attached a photo taken of Taylor in costume for Snugglepot & Cuddlepie, which she totally enjoyed performing in during May/June in Queanbeyan.
And finally, a photo from Tay's TDP workshop and concert last week. She was very excited to meet and get autographs from Wes Carr and Jess Mauboy, and her friend Taylor took this great photo of my Tay meeting Wes.
Well, that's winter for another year! Happy Spring everyone! I shall start the season by cleaning out my wardrobe I think!



No comments:
Post a Comment