Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Aaaargh me hearties!

Hi everyone, so what's new with you all this week?  Me you ask?  Well....

LOVING IDOL!



Loving Australian Idol!  I picked Mark and Wes for the final 2, so I just missed out, lucky I didn't bet the house on it!  I heard Mark on the radio say that he hoped Luke would win, but I think I'll be voting for Wes.  All the top 3 were fantastic, it was a great year for Idol talent.  Format wise I hated the Abba and Jacko themes, loved the celebrity mentors and thought the Monday night show was too long and boring and the instant voting was stupid!!!  But I'll be there watching next weekend that's for sure!

ISN'T SHE A CUTIE?







Was excited to finally get these absolutely gorgeous shots of Regan - isn't Debbie (I think?) a great photographer?  We were hoping to get to Dubbo this weekend to visit but at the last minute work commitments (as usual!) have got in the way.    It might be just the kids and I next month if we can swing it but Chris is flat out with work, all his clients panic this time of year when they see there's only a few weeks to go!














MY LITTLE BLACK EYED PIRATE!




A run in with the bathroom vanity left Ronin with a bruised brow making him look like he's wearing a big smudge of eyeshadow!  Well it went well with his pirate costume for his mate's birthday on Sunday!  And what a party, 35 little pirates and a big pirate host complete with balloon animals and unicycle!  He was also very excited to finally get his Bakugan toys in the mail and they have become quite a fixture already!  If you don't have little boys, it's just too hard to explain!











MOVIES, MOVIES, MOVIES!

Our power is being turned off for half the day tomorrow so I have decided to head to the movies to see the new James Bond film.  I'll tell you what I think of it later!  I had been planning to go one night with Chris but with his work stuff and Sandra going away that's not gonna happen!




 A nice morning on my own at the flicks is just the go I think!  And then next week my dear friend Ainslee and I are going to see Australia in the Gold Class cinema while the kids are at school - it will be her birthday present, and we can't wait!










DON'T YOU HATE IT WHEN?

You pay $25 for a Pay-Per-View event on Foxtel and record it and the next day it's just gone.....and the pre-concert special as well!  Sorry Dad!  I did try!  He's quite the flavour at the moment, I believe his concerts are amazing, my neighbours are going down to Melbourne to see him next Thursday so I'm sure I'll hear the first hand account soon!












DAILY CHALLENGES

Have gotten so up to date with my Newsletter stuff for The Scrap Heap that I have decided to do a few Daily Challenges on Aussielayouts this month!  They are based on the Designing With calendar for those of you that have it.  Here are a few I've done so far:


































































TAY'S EXCITING DAY
I don't know which was mo
st exciting, winning a "Wizards of Waverley Place" wand on a Disney Channel competition (arriving in the mail today by complete surprise) or getting an Audition for the Queanbeyan Players 2009 musical production of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie!  That's next weekend (the 30th) so I'll let you know the outcome!






MY NEW FAVE TV SHOW


is Kyle XY!  I've downloaded every episode of Season 1 on iTunes and I'm hooked on them!  I've watched half so far and will catch up with series 2 on Foxtel by next week I reckon!  It's a fabulous show, I totally recommend it if you like a bit of sci-fi with your American drama!







ONE MORE RECIPE FROM JASON

One pan sensation

Olive oil
One chicken breast or thigh fillet
2 slices of prosciutto or pancetta
Bunch of asparagus
Handful of olives
Handful of cherry tomatoes
Basil leaves
Knob of butter
Glass of white wine

• If you’re using the breast cut it 4 times about an inch from the fat end to the pointy end so it looks like a hand. Use the thigh as is.
• Heat a small to medium pan on medium heat with a splash of oil.
• Cover the bird with the prosciutto or pancetta. Whack in the pan for 4 minutes.
• Throw in the asparagus and olives, cook for 2 minutes.
• Throw in the toms, cook for 1 minute.
• Turn it all over and cook for another 2 minutes.
• Slap in the knob of butter and when it melts pour in a quarter of the wine. Let it cook for another minute. Bung it all on a plate and drizzle over the juice. Drink the wine. Easy.

That's it for me now, off to bed!  Can you believe, 3 posts from me in a month!

Love, Trace xxx


No comments: