Well, it was looking like a hot Easter for a while there, like STINKIN' hot!! What happened to that? Where did that heatwave go? Couldn't it have left a vestige of warmth behind instead of this sudden winter?? On the upside it's acclimatising us for the Paris/UK trip. I nearly fell off my chair when I checked the weather channel this morning for Edinburgh, London and Paris! A top of 8C!!! In Edinburgh only 5C! And RAIN EVERY DAY!!! Lucky I bought those
new folding umbrellas to take with us, not to mention all the thermal singlets and spencers and so on!So Chris was away Friday but got back last night in time for dinner, which I burned, as I had knocked the temperature knob on the oven up to "BURN TO BITS" - whoops! Well, I had an excuse, on Thursday night sometime I buggered up my bad knee and after a bad night that had me waking up every
time I moved, I was pretty laid up yesterday. This could have been a good thing. I could cope with lazing around, I could have read a book if I hadn't read them all, I could have done some scrapbooking or mucked around on the computer, only it hurt my leg to sit, I was only JUST dealing with missing out on my exercise for the day (and eating things I shouldn't be) but it was HANNAH MONTANA 12HR MARATHON on Disney Channel that totally did my head in in the end! Tay was collecting code-words to win, oh I don't know, some free stuff, I think there was a Hannah Montana electric guitar (God help us!) - she had nightmares she didn't win anything (I think I will sue Disney if she doesn't, and probably if she wins that guitar as well!). I had nightmares too, I dreamed of Hannah Montana ALL NIGHT!!! LOL! So I was happy to see Daddy when he walked in the door, I can tell you! Late last night the drugs started to work and I felt 100% better this morning, if not quite up to my exercise class (bugger!).
time I moved, I was pretty laid up yesterday. This could have been a good thing. I could cope with lazing around, I could have read a book if I hadn't read them all, I could have done some scrapbooking or mucked around on the computer, only it hurt my leg to sit, I was only JUST dealing with missing out on my exercise for the day (and eating things I shouldn't be) but it was HANNAH MONTANA 12HR MARATHON on Disney Channel that totally did my head in in the end! Tay was collecting code-words to win, oh I don't know, some free stuff, I think there was a Hannah Montana electric guitar (God help us!) - she had nightmares she didn't win anything (I think I will sue Disney if she doesn't, and probably if she wins that guitar as well!). I had nightmares too, I dreamed of Hannah Montana ALL NIGHT!!! LOL! So I was happy to see Daddy when he walked in the door, I can tell you! Late last night the drugs started to work and I felt 100% better this morning, if not quite up to my exercise class (bugger!).Despite the dreary day, we had a bit of fun. Tay and I went shopping for some new clothes for me to take away, some for her and PJs for both kids, and of course a HUGE CADBURY egg for Daddy for Easter, and a few things from the supermarket. Everyone from the greater suburban area must have decided to have a wee shop today and the place was packed. There was serious trolley rage going on and I thought fisticuffs were going to break out over the last Lindt bunny! After lunch we had an Easter Egg Hunt. We put the dogs around the side and Chris hid a gazillion cho
cky eggs which the kids had a ball finding, counting and eventually eating (some). Then we swapped prezzies, as Chris is back to Sydney tomorrow and Tay is off to the coast for the day with her BFF and fam, and then is sleeping over at their place. Tay had bought me a Lindt egg with little choc-filled eggs, AND a Lindt bunny, but I suggested (with great reluctance) she give that to her friend (I ate the other one though, it had less calories! lol!) Not good for my diet! They gave Nanny a Lindt gift box and Daddy the Big Dude egg which he loved! Easter Bunny comes tonight so no doubt my kids will be choc-coated on the inside by the time they go back to school on Tuesday! First on Monday I have to take 4 10yo girls to the movies for the Hannah Montana 3D flick - *groan* not more HM! Oh Yes, but I'm not THAT silly, I'm sitting in the coffee shop outside the cinema having a drink and read
ing my book! I am Hannah-Montana-ed out!
cky eggs which the kids had a ball finding, counting and eventually eating (some). Then we swapped prezzies, as Chris is back to Sydney tomorrow and Tay is off to the coast for the day with her BFF and fam, and then is sleeping over at their place. Tay had bought me a Lindt egg with little choc-filled eggs, AND a Lindt bunny, but I suggested (with great reluctance) she give that to her friend (I ate the other one though, it had less calories! lol!) Not good for my diet! They gave Nanny a Lindt gift box and Daddy the Big Dude egg which he loved! Easter Bunny comes tonight so no doubt my kids will be choc-coated on the inside by the time they go back to school on Tuesday! First on Monday I have to take 4 10yo girls to the movies for the Hannah Montana 3D flick - *groan* not more HM! Oh Yes, but I'm not THAT silly, I'm sitting in the coffee shop outside the cinema having a drink and read
ing my book! I am Hannah-Montana-ed out!Here is a recent layout and mini-book I did for The Scrap Heap newsletter too!
AND an advance peek at the Basic Grey Luggage Tag booklet with Cosmo Cricket Hey Sugar papers that I am teaching at Scrap Junkie when we get back, in May.
The eggs up the top there are the result of a fun afternoon with the kids last week, a few craft egg shapes, lots of my patterned paper scraps and some Mod Podge!
So happy Easter to you all ....AND....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JAKE!
My wonderful nephew who turns 12 today, and just won a great award for Cricket (and the grand final) - so proud of you matey! Big kisses and hugs from us all!







1 comment:
Paris / UK ????? That is so unfair. Would you like some extra company ??? Happy to carry bags .....
Wow, when are you going ......
So glad you are teaching at Scrap Junkie, your work is just gorgeous.
Still can't get over the OS Trip!!!!!!!!
I live a sad life.
Steph xo
Post a Comment