
Well I hope you all had a fabulous Easter break (some of you have started school holidays too, woohoo!). Even though Daddy was away, we still had a good time. We went off to see "Meet the Robinsons in 3D" on Saturday and did some winter clothes shopping for Taylor and there was lots of hot cross bun scoffing and chocolate of course! Easter bunny was very generous and Mummy made some cute polystyrene egg animals and take-away boxes for The Scrap Heap Newsletter which I then gave to the kids! We also had a little indoor egg hunt on Sunday which was a hoot and we still keep finding those silly little eggs!

And yesterday was my 44th birthday! The kids had a late night the night before so Ronin didn't wake up (in my bed!) until 9.30am so Taylor let us sleep in and got up, cooked an Orange and Poppyseed cake, cleaned up (mostly) and then brought me brekky in bed - Hot Cross Buns and OJ! - YUMMY! I got a lovely pair of PJs from Ronin and a gorgeous Mother & Daughter statuette from Taylor with handmade cards featuring poems by Tay - much cherished! We had a quiet day and in the afternoon walked up to the Skate Park for a little picnic and a play, picking up Chinese for dinner on the walk home (for me!). We had cake and candles and party blowers and photos and then it was all over for another year! Thanks to all my family for cards and phone calls and thanks to all my online friends for their many wishes! You all rock!
Over the Easter weekend The Scrap Heap ran a Virtual Crop via their Aussielayouts Yahoo group and their Forum and Gallery. I haven't been able to participate in one of these for sooooooo long so it was great to finally be able to have a go. I did all 5 challenges and a few besides - heaps of fun and I really enjoyed it (although I didn't sleep as much as I should have LOL!). I've uploaded all my newer layouts to my slide show but thought I'd share a few of my faves from the long weekend right here.

And a Proud Mummy Moment for me - Taylor's Term 1 Progress Report which rates how your child has contributed to daily routines and responded to school expectations during the Term was absolutely brilliant! Her academic achievements are of course important, but she doesn't have much trouble in that department. However her behaviour has really let her down the last couple of years and her marks were way down last year due to these shortcomings. She has really knuckled under and worked hard to turn things around this year and this shining report shows it. She is a happier and more confident girl, and it flows through the whole family and household life. Well done darling!
Well I had better get hopping (!) as I have to finish up my IT Kit for TSH which will be available in a week or two. I'll share a sneak peek when I've finished! Hope you all survive school hols if you're on 'em, the rest of us have another week of school and then we're off too!
Trace xxxx


6 comments:
Happy belated b'day Tracey!! Looks like you had a terrific time! Love the layouts you did at the cyber crop and your chicken is too cute!
Happy belated b'day Tracey!! Looks like you had a terrific time! Love the layouts you did at the cyber crop and your chicken is too cute!
Hello, I stumbled across your blog and I just wanted to say that I love your layouts and style :O)
I also love that little chicken!!
Too cute,
Melx
This is a whooper of an update! I loved it all...you should be putting a copyright on those little animals!
I hope your week improved from the other day.
Just adore that little chook you made. Loved all your Easter VC lo's. :)
Heya sweetie! LOVE LOVE LOVE your cutie pie Easter chookie, how adorable is that.
Fabulous to see such a long update for us, including gorgeous piccies and LOs.
Huggles darl! Won't be long til I'll be able to do that for real hey!
Chrissy xx
Post a Comment