Thursday, January 11, 2007

Back from the Murky Depths...

Which is where our internet lurked for a couple of weeks over Christmas/New Year after some bright spark decided to take us off the exchange! Being that time of year it was well into the New Year before anyone could get out to us and find out what the problem was and fix it. Funny, this happened once before, and it was just before Easter and we had the same wait for it to be fixed! Someone off at Telstra has an odd sense of humour methinks!



Not that I missed it (much) as I had my beloved and gorgeous sister, nephews and niece here for a week, arriving Boxing Day.

We had enjoyed a wonderful Christmas Day - Tay was up before Dawn and it was a struggle to keep her in bed until 7am when we finally allowed her to go and wake up Ronin ROFL! They sat on our bed and took turns pulling a prezzie out of their Santa Sacks, oohing and aahing, more excited over each goodie as it was revealed. Taylor got books, clothes, a Twister DVD game, JoJo CD, "Now Summer 2006" CD, Collingwood "Buckley's Brigade" membership, subscription to "Total Girl" magazine, a little Bratz doll, a cook book, hand mixer, chocolate making kit, jewelry pack and manicure kit. Ronin got a Lego Police Station, Binoculars, Magnifying Glass, little working Brum, some Hotwheels cars and launcher, books, clothes, "Hungry Hippo" game (man, that's a noisy game!!!) and a Brum DVD.

Then it was out to the tree where we met up with Nanny and opened gifts. Sitting out all ready for the kids from Mummy and Daddy were an electronic piano keyboard and learning software for Taylor, and an easel/whiteboard/blackboard with paints and chalks, and a "LeapPad" with games for Ronin. We gave MIL a lovely set of weekend luggage, small wheelie suitcase and a beauty case which included some perfume, hand mirror, shower gel etc. The kids gave her a stuffed toy doggie so she wouldn't miss her puppy, and some chockies. They gave Daddy a Boogie Board and I got the latest Bryce Courtney book and the Damien Leith"Winning Journey" CD. I gave Chris a bag of goodies: books, CD, underwear, DVD and some silly "Family Guy" and "Little Britain" novelties. He gave me a fabulous Pioneer Digital Photo Frame which I can pop my camera memory card directly into or download pics - even scanned layouts! I love it!

We also got lots of prezzies from family and friends. I just love my new beach towel and especially my fantastic Keith Urban CD from my family Secret Santa! And Taylor adores her password journal from Auntie Di!

One of our favourite gifts arrived yesterday, a lovely hand-drawn picture from our World Vision child, Paola from Ecuador.

When Di and the kids were here we had a great time, taking them all to Big Splash Water Park for the day, to the movies, into the city for some shopping and rides on the Carousel and walks to the Skate Park. Di and I even got a night out by ourselves to the movies where we saw "The Holiday" which we just loved!

SIL Debbie also stayed up until New Year and she joined us a few time and also had some fun with MIL. It was a full house but we didn't feel crowded, the kids all got along and we had a great time!

It was sad to see them go but as soon as I had done the housework I started moving into my new Scrapping Room. Will share pics when it's finished. I haven't got my final desk arrangement, just an old table and a portable trestle for now, but all this room is fantastic! And the kids now have my old desk in the family room to put their laptop on and play with the keyboard, so it's worked out as I planned.

So I'm sharing a couple of layouts of Christmas and Singapore, and one using a photo I framed for Chris for his birthday, which now sits on his desk. I adore these Hambly transparencies! And one of SIL Debbie at "Big Splash" where she had a ball playing with the kids and taking them on the water slides! Thanks Deb! This one was using the January Aussle Pack from www.thescrapheap.com.au .

School holidays are chuffing along nicely, not sick of the sleep-ins and having Tay around yet - she plays with Ronin (nicely most of the time!) which frees me to scrap! She had her best friend Katelyn over on Monday and I took them out to the Pancake Parlour for dinner and then to the new Dendy Premium Class cinema to see "Marie Antoinette" as Katelyn's promised birthday present from last year. They had an absolute ball, and so did I!

It's a hot one today but cool in here with the cooling on so I think I'll scrap. Sis and I are dieting together and I need to get some exercise in so Tay and I are going to have a danceathon later!! In the meantime I'll scrap!

Sorry for the long post, was a lot to catch up on!
Happy New Year all!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

A long post is sooo lovely though Trace, we've missed you while you've been MIA with telstra! The LOs are all gorgeous and hey Emmy also got the twister dvd game. Have you played it? It's a bit of a workout in itself! ;-)

Hugs sweetie!
Love Chrissy xx