Friday, December 22, 2006

Have yourselves a Merry Little Christmas!!!

The Ceramic Santa's Train Countdown calendar is showing "3 Sleeps" to go until The Big Man in Red arrives with his sacks of goodies. With school finished, and Santa Photos taken, even doses of tonsilitis (Ronin) and a virus (Tay) involving disgusting antibiotics, have not dimmed the heightened levels of excitement and almost-hysteria invading our house!

I'm enclosing some Xmas Photo Shoot pics for you all to enjoy!

I'm about a week behind with all my festive preparations due to sleepless nights and interruped days with sick kids, but the shopping is all done now, Christmas Dinner all organised, our Street Party ready to go tomorrow and my Christmas email dispatched - see my digital "layout" greeting! - (although I'm sure some won't get it til too late :( ) All my late parcels arrived today (yay Aussie Post!) and my Ebay and online purchases have arrived! I'm in the middle of making my fruit mince (I usually like it to sit for a week or so but I'm sure it will still taste nice!) and will bake pies tomorrow. Tay made the White Christmas adn it's in the fridge. I'm steralising the bottles and will whip up some home made "Traylee's" Irish Cream later tonight then there is just the shortbread to fit in there somewhere!

On Sunday I will finish my Christmas craft and my layouts for the Christmas newsletter for The Scrap Heap, make a lemon cheesecake and tidy up for the Big Day. On Sunday morning I guess we will be awakened verrrrry early to inspect the loot. I'll pop the roast pork in the oven to get that crackling well and truly crispy. Taylor and Chris will peel the prawns and prepare the lobsters and oysters and Chris will slice the ham. I'll make a salad, and set a festive table.

Chris's sister and her fiance will arrive from Dubbo by way of Sydney for Christmas dinner and no doubt more gift exchanges! We'll sit down to our delicious banquet and finish the rest for dinner.

On Tuesday my sister, nephews and one of my nieces will arrive from Melbourne for a week's holiday! With my SIL staying a week or two also it will be a full house over New Year!


I hope you and your families all have a wonderful Christmas. I'll be thinking of you all, especially my family in Melbourne who I miss terribly at this time, my parents most of all. And there will be special thoughts for my Uncle Peter (love you Unk) and the lovely Jannie, and my cousin Caroline and her hubby Mark who will enjoy their first Christmas with baby Jake. We'll also miss our Sydney family, Ron on leave from the Army for Christmas with his partner and our gorgeous Rhylie, and Jase and Bec who are joyfully expecting. moment to think of those less fortunate by donating to giving trees, the Smith Family or Salvos. Cherish moments with your family and friends. Be responsible on the road and when drinking at this time. For those of us with water restrictions, let's be responsible, and for all of us wherever we are let's try to be good world citizens this coming year, reducing greenhouse gases, increasing recycling. Every small effort helps.

With love in my heart,

Merry Christmas
and Happy New Year!

Tracey


I look forward to sharing my life with you all in 2007.


6 comments:

Bev said...

just popping in to wish you and your family a Merry Xmas!! Love your photo shoot of thekids (and I see that Mariah plays up for you too lol

Chris Millar said...

Hi Tracey! What gorgeous pics of your darlings! And of the whole family! Have a wonderful and safe time this Christmas!!

Peta.. said...

what a beautiful post Tracey..
I love all your photos, there all beautiful... .

You sure are one busy lady...

A big Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family, from mine....xx

take care...xx

Anonymous said...

Your creativity and productivity amazes me! I am absolutely delighted that you are part of my wonderful family of friends. Cheers for a relaxed Christmas!

Mel said...

hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas

Mel xoxo

Chrissy said...

Sounds like you guys had a blessed Christmas! I adore that family pic of the 4 of you too, it's just beautiful sweetie!

Love and hugs!
Chrissy xx