Monday, November 06, 2006

SWIG, Scrap Room & Singapore!



SWIG seems so long ago now! Thank you to Christine and Beryl from The Scrap Heap for another fabulous weekend! It was so great to catch up with my scrapping buddies! I have never laughed so much....! Oh dear that Harry the Hamster is quite a naughty boy! I discovered I really don't like cane toads - even the little ones! Thanks to my Roomie Debbie B I managed to survive without stepping on one! It was a new venue for SWIG at the Shaftesbury Campus in Deception Bay (Qld) and what a picturesque location! So lovely to be scrapping while gazing out at the beautiful ornamental lake, grazing kangaroos and pretty native garden. Even washing dishes was fun!

I was totally gobsmacked at the end to see the entries for "Best Layout". What an amazingly talented group of ladies we had there! Each one was Magazine Cover spectacular and some of the photography was just incredible! I've included two of my favourite layouts from the weekend: one of my handsome Dad who has aged so well in the 35 years between photos!, and one of my beautiful kidlets at Floriade last month, using the new Making Memories Cheeky shapes.

When I returned from my fantastic weekend, Chris and his brother Jason had been working their bottoms off ducting the heating and cooling into MIL Sandra's new room, the extension. Chris had put together all the Ikea furniture and they moved the rest of her stuff in leaving an empty room with just my armchair and new desk chair in my new Scrapping Room! Oh, and my new Ikea wall unit which is just fabulous! Unfortunately, Chris's trip to Ikea earlier in the week had been a bit of a bust with all the furniture I had chosen out of stock, except for the wall unit and chair! So we've decided now to go the kitchen cabinet direction, my original choice. However that will have to wait until Chris is home, and as that is just before Christmas I think it will be the New Year before I'll be in there. Gives me time to paint it, sort out the cupboards, reupholster the chair and footstool and buy some cute storage solutions! Will share pics on here when I have them!

Chris headed off on his next trip today, gone for 6 weeks, home just before Christmas. Just in time to put up all the decorations! Guess I will be doing the shopping as usual :) Anyway, we don't have to wait that long to see him because in 12 days we are heading to Singapore for a 6 days holiday with him! I have the kids' passports and all our tickets so at last it's really happening! Don't know how I will go by myself with the two kids - wish me luck! Should be heaps of fun! Taylor's Term 4 project is to choose a Country and do a presentation on it at the end of term. She has chosen Singapore and we are going to help her make a Travel Documentary with the digicamcorder - what a great way to learn! How cool!

Ronin, after a few days immersing himself in wet sand in the playground, has a bit of a lurgy but is holding up well, he's a good boy! I have just enrolled him in pre-preschool for next year, he will be going for 2 hours twice a week, so that will be a nice break for me, and a good intro for him for preschool the following year. I can't believe it's only a few months until I enroll him into preschool proper! Wow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are going to have a ball with Chris and the kids in Singapore sweetie!! Can't wait to see your room as it gets done too, so FUN!!

Love Chrissy xx
(Hey I worked out bloglines so I know you updated!! It's so cool! :-)