Wednesday, August 30, 2006

My Diva!


In more way than one LOL! As I tucked Taylor into bed tonight, kissed her palms and closed her fingers and said "no monsters", she said to me that I must be very proud of her because she came 2nd in her solo! I went back out to my desk and continued scrapping a photo of her from when she was in daycare, so about 4 years old I think. So cute with her baby teeth and pigtails. I was just as proud of her then you know! I guess I'm just proud to be her Mum. Not, of course, when she is being a cheeky little so-and-so I must say !! :)

And speaking of proud, I'm also proud of my little guy today, and only Mummies and Daddies can understand how important and momentuous this is, but Ronin did number twos on the toilet today for the first time! I told you, you have to be a parent to understand why this is blog-worthy! Anyway, while we were waiting for Taylor to finish ballet, we walked down to the fire station and the fireman invited us in to have a look at the truck. He took Ronin all around it and popped him in the back seat then the front (and rang the siren for a sec!). Ronin asked lots of questions, clear and intelligent ones too (for a 3yo) and the Fireman answered patiently in language he could understand. Thanks Mr Belconnen Fireman! After that we walked down to look at all the buses in the bus depot and he had a chocolate, so all in all he had a wonderful day!

It topped it off for me. I spent the morning flitting between appliance stores buying a replacement dishwasher for the House Wrecker which has gone the way of the all naughty dishwashers, darn thing. The new one should arrive tomorrow. Just waiting for the insurance company and the builders to get their act together and repair the kitchen, as the flooring guys are chomping at the bit to rip up the warped floorboards and replace with tiles in the family room.

I also had a look at cameras while I was out. Chris promised me a new Digital SLR for my birthday (last April) and after looking around we decided on a Nikon D200. However after today I've changed to the new Sony A100. Will share more on it if and when I get it!

Before I sign off I ask you all to think of, or pray if you do, for dear little Rani Millar who is fighting in the ICU in hospital in Melbourne, trying to get well enough to have a liver transplant, if one comes available. She had her first birthday in there last Friday and the last few days have been touch and go. I'm hoping things have turned for the better today. All my love to Mel, John and the rest of their families, and big, big (gentle) hugs to Princess Rani. Whenever you look at your own children, or feel like complaining about a headache or minor illness, or some other sort of setback, remember what families of sick children like Rani go through, not to mention that amazing little girl. I know it humbles me and makes me forever grateful to have what I have, and the life I have lived.

On that note I think I'll go check on my own kids and kiss them goodnight before heading to bed myself.

My best to you all. xxx

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

*clapping hands* Well done Ronin!! I totally understand your post here Trace!! LOL Very exciting for everyone. :-)

Look at your darlin' up there strutting her stuff, she's so adorable hon.

Sounds like you guys have just had the nicest day!
Hugs and love as always,
Chrissy xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracey, your little girl is a star !! I use to dance professionally and I can tell by the photos, she puts everything she has into her dancing.... I bet she is just beautiful up on stage..... I love your new blog colours too, so easy to read...love it love it....
Steph xo
Oh and by the way can't believe I didn't mention those layouts of yours....you have a real gift for putting movement in yourlayouts and that's not an easy thing to do....they are just beautiful, (especially Wedding and So quickly).... Bye.....