Monday, June 26, 2006

Chrissy's Challenge!


Thanks to my dear friend Chrissy here is my favourite LO so far from the June Daily Challenges run by The Scrap Heap. The challenge was to use something orange - I think you can see I met that challenge! This layout is a case of one I found on www.twopeasinabucket.com by the fabulous Jamie*B*Pea - thanks for the inspiration Jamie!

Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged! I've had a bit of the lurgy actually, plus my internet connection has been a bit grumpy and irritable and wasn't making it easy for me! But here I am now!

Taylor and I just had a fabulous "girls" weekend! We drove up to Sydney after her soccer match on Saturday and checked into the Rydges Parramatta hotel then headed off to Telstra Stadium at Homebush Bay (site of the 2000 Olympics!) to watch our footy (AFL) team Collingwood play the Sydney Swans. It was a bit scary in that sea of red and white! Out of just over 60,000 fans there to watch the game, I reckon about 45,000 were Sydney supporters! It was very loud whenever they kicked a goal or took a mark, and very QUIET when we did the same! Thankfully, we won the game. Taylor thought it was fantastic!

We finished off the weekend by dropping into a couple of scrap shops on the way home and picking up a few bits and pieces. One store was having a relocation sale so I picked up some Wild Asparagus papers and accessories for less than half price - woohoo! I'm going to have some fun scrapping with all this nice new stuff - maybe I'll even catch up with those June Daily Challenges!

In other news, I've been caught up in the Aussie Romance of the Nicole Kidman-Keith Urban wedding, Nicole being one of my favourite actresses since she was in BMX Bandits about 100 years ago! I was devastated when she broke up with Tom Cruise, one of my heart throbs of all time, but to be honest I think she may have had a lucky escape - he has become quite a weirdo lately! Besides, Keith is sooo cute. And in honour of that, I'm keeping his song on my Blog just a LITTLE bit longer :)

Will TRY to keep things more up to date if life doesn't get in the way! TFL!


A CALL FOR HELP!

Did you know that the chemotherapy drug Taxotere (docetaxel) is included on the PBS for the treatment of breast cancer in women, and yet despite a weight of medical evidence proving it's effectiveness, it is not available to treat prostate cancer in men?

We are seeking support to lobby the PBAC which meets in July to have this drug included on the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS). If you can assist, you will help not only my family, but many men in this country who are in the same boat as we are.

Below is text of an email and the email addresses to send it to . I urge you to copy this text and send an email on behalf of Australian men and their families who support them, and please, pass this on to your circle of friends and business associates, so that hopefully, they will receive many thousands of emails.

Hoping that PEOPLE POWER will do the trick.

PBS MEETS IN JULY SO EMAILS NEED TO BE SEND BEFORE END OF JUNE.
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS SO THAT THE GOVERNMENT KNOW THIS IS NOT A SPAM.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Send to:
Ms Diana MacDonnell (Secretary PBAC) diana.macdonell@health.gov.au
Mr Tony Abbott, Federal Minister for Health & Ageing Tony.Abbott.MP@aph.gov.au

Dear Mr Abbott and members of the PBAC

As a concerned citizen of Australia, it has come to my attention that the chemotherapy drug Taxotere (docetaxel) is included on the PBS for the treatment of breast cancer in women, and yet despite a weight of medical evidence proving it's effectiveness, it is not available to treat prostate cancer in men.

I urge the government to put the men of Australia who suffer this disease onto an equal footing with their breast cancer suffering sisters and make this drug available to them through the PBS.

Yours faithfully

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click here to learn more about prostate cancer.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Yay!! You've updated and with a fantastic LO too! So striking Trace!!! I thought all our blogettes could do with an update challenge, I selfishly love to look at all the new LOs! *giggle*

One of my fave Keith songs at the moment is Making Memories Of Us which is on my blog right now! I think Nicole has a pretty hunky handsome new hubby there! ;-)

Hugs!
Chrissy xx

Jody said...

I definitely think you made the orange challenge Tracey! :D LOVE it!!

I have to say, as a Brissie Lions supporter living in Melbourne, I can *SO* relate to being in the minority in the crowd at the footy LOL.

Ruthy said...

Hi Tracey, I'm catching up to on bloging and getting about to see what me matey's have been up too. Love your LO's and some fav's on the Scrapheap newsletter of late! Keep up the good work. See you soon at SWIG 12 and I hope the 'male' in your family is better real soon.
Ruthy x