Friday, May 19, 2006

BIZZZEEEEE!



I can't believe it's two weeks since I last blogged! OMG, where has the time gone? It's not like I've been sitting around on my considerable bottom eating chockies and scrapping....well, I HAVE, but I've been doing a lot of other stuff too ROFL!

One of the fun things taking up my time has been the Daily Challenges at The Scrap Heap! We've all been having heaps of fun and although I'm now 6 days behind, I'm working hard catching up! After all there are great incentives of different levels of discount off next month's order! I also had my Inspiration Team Challenges to finish

On the home front, it has come time for Ronin to move into a Big Boy's Bed! This came about after having found him a few times sleeping squished up sideways in his "junior bed" (read "cot with side off"). So it was off to the Bed Shops to find "the" bed. The first one he found was with his head when he went for a mighty sixer four steps into the store and whacked his noggin on a bed leg! After that we narrowed it down to two but they looked almost the same as the much nicer King Single one Chris had made for Taylor when she was two years old, and which she still slept in. And that was when we saw "IT", the Queen of girls' beds, room to move, room to have a friend over (or even two!) and it was PURPLE, which with Taylor is a pre-requisite for bedroom furniture! The picture at right is from the store catalogue, I'll take photos when we get the room all settled.

Then we needed new double bed bedding for Tay, and for Ronin new king single sized bedding. We headed off to Target where there was a veritable smorgasbord of licenced character bed sets including the much-loved Thomas The Tank Engine, the best-match-with-the-room Buzz Lightyear, The Wiggles, Dora The Explorer and the new movie he is always raving on about "Carz". But he only had to look once and he had his mind set so now he is sound asleep beneath the giant prehistorical animals of Ice Age 2! All purple and blue and mammoth-brown, with his favourite little Skratt on the pillow and matching cushion! He thinks it is all fabulous and was more than happy to go to bed in there tonight. Another trapping of babyhood swept away....*sigh*!

Another busy part of the past week has been Taylor's school "play", an interactive extravaganza based on the villagers of ficticious "Pumpkinshire" getting ready for Cinderella's Ball. We were entertained at the start by a rock band and Kindergarten choir, and fed delicious nibblies by student waiters and waitresses. We taste tested food for the ball (chocolate fondue), watched an amusing skit set in the Fairy Godmother's Glitzy Gowns boutique including a visit from "Carson" to szuzsh up the Ugly Stepsisters! We flipped forward in time to watch Prince Charming and Cinderella sharing their (very different) views of their honeymoon with their friends (so funny!), learned to make balloon animals and helped out the House of Bling hair salon by making wigs out of paper plates and crepe paper! We helped choose the best pumpkin-converting-fairy-godmother and danced at the "coach wash". It was all very well done. Taylor and other Year 3's acted as "guides" taking each group through the different scenes. She had a ball and did sooo well, I was very proud of her!

Well, it's been an exhausting day and the weekend ahead looks just as full with Taylor's best-friend-since-preschool staying the weekend and soccer tomorrow. I'll be watching the Pies tomorrow night on the telly, while the girls are playing "Sing Star" and watching movies on the big screen.

And I'll be feeling a weeeee bit sad tonight, thinking of my baby so tiny in that huge big bed tonight. Such a big boy now. A big boy that wakes me with a kiss and an "I love you Mummy". But still the baby that holds my heart.

Tracey xxx

7 comments:

Chrissy said...

Awww Tracey I *know*, it's hard to let those bubby boys grow up! With Alex everything he did was the "last" time I'd enjoy that phase of babyhood, toddlerhood etc since he was my youngest. *big sigh* I bet Ronin looks ever so cute in that big boy bed too and hey Tay new bed is FAB!! Hugs to Ronin's brave Mumma! :-)

Your LOs are divine, I've already raved about how in love I am with them both LOL, just so incredibly clever hon!

Chris Millar said...

Lovin' all your layouts Tracey! Fantastic doodling! look at that bunk, how cool!

Deb said...

Wow, Tracey - love Tay's new bunk. I wish there was room in my boys rooms for a set like that *sigh*. Awesome lo's too.

Smiles
TD xoxox

Ruthy said...

Another milestone of growth - into a bed. Life just races you by hey!
Love your LO too.
Ruthy

Ruthy said...

Another milestone of growth - into a bed. Life just races you by hey!
Love your LO too.
Ruthy

Lee said...

That bunk is SENSATIONAL - go TAY, and Super Ronin for getting his big bed, that is awesome!
Gorgeous LO's too BTW tracey, just LOVE your work!!!
Cheers
Lee :)

Anonymous said...

Tracey....LOVE your two layouts in this entry. You are really on a roll...just stunning. The top one is so free and unique. Oh.... and the bunk has a huge spunk factor....about 10!!
Steph x