Saturday, April 29, 2006

School Holiday Sydnrome


My hands are trembling. My hair is lank and greasy from running my hands through it constantly. My ears are ringing. My neck is sore from whipping around to find the source of unexplained thumps and screams. My bank account is in nearly as depleted a state as I am. The cupboards are almost bare. My floor is constantly covered in dirt, spilt juice, biscuit crumbs, scraps of paper and other art mess. Aliens have been coming to use the toilet (only explanation for the amount of toilet paper we are going through!). I seem to have a huge pile of empty DVD covers and another huge pile of DVDs WITHOUT covers, none of which match each other. Strange children seem to march through the house at all hours. They must leave their clothes here to be washed as the daily washing pile seems to have tripled since school finished! I can quote every episode of Lizzie McGuire and every word in Cinderella II.

One more day to go! Will I make it? Will I survive? Odds are good at this stage, but anything can happen in 24 hours!

So how did the rest of you fare - probably a bit of a silly question since Victoria had their school holidays about a year ago, and Queensland are in another time zone entirely!

I can't believe how much I look forward to the break! And how much I long for it to be over! Oh well, at least all the TV shows have stopped the repeats they insist on running as if people don't watch TV on school holidays - perhaps they think kids take over the telly during the hols? Er, some viewers don't even HAVE kids! Are you reading this TV Networks???? (Somehow don't see Eddie McGuire popping in here for a quick squiz???)

Of course Monday morning will come. I will drop Taylor off at school, wearing her newly purchased winter uniform, looking taller, more grown up than last term. Then Ronin and I will head off to the gym (and creche for him) and our usual Monday morning routine. And I know that as I grunt and groan on the machines and build up a sweat on the treadmill there will be a little ache in my heart because I'll miss her. Miss her whinging, her constant requests for foods, her loud TV shows, her teasing of her brother. I'll miss the kisses and cuddles I get during the day, being able to look at her and see her beautiful big hazel eyes any time I want. *sigh*

Guess I'll just have to scrap the heartache away instead! Have a good Second Term everyone!

FREESTYLE!

I'm hanging out for my new idea mag, Designing With Freestyle, recommended by the lovely Belinda Buchanan. I've been keeping an eye on the Freestyle The Blog site and getting very inspired. Some of my most fave designers, I'm sure I'm going to love it. I created today's layout (above) in the spirit of freestyle - just doing what felt good, and I really love it! Thanks freestyle girls, and thanks to your followers on the 2Peas Peanut Gallery, for some great inspiration! And thanks Belinda for pointing me in the right direction and the girls at The Scrap Heap for popping it straight into the post for me!

GO THE PIES!

Just finishing up with a "Go Pies!" for my fabulous Footy Team (AFL) the Collingwood Magpies, who are having a great start to the year! Good luck tomorrow, I know you will come home with the win Woodsmen!

xxxx

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

I've ordered my copy too Trace and can't wait for it to arrive with all my new pps to play with too!

Love the LO hon, those triple hearts are *adorable*!!

Susan C said...

I think my house is the opposite of yours.. school holidays are the times when the DVDs are in the covers, the floor is clean and there is food in the fridge. Its during school terms (especially towards the end) when it all falls apart.

But its always interesting to go back to school and see how the kids have grown, and are wide eyed and bushy tailed with stories of what they did on holidays.

Love the LO.

Angelrat said...

Very cute LO!

I know the feeling re school hols... its SOOOO busy and noisy here that I think it will be so great to get some peace - then when the kids are at school I miss them! Can't win!

Linda.

Anonymous said...

Oh tracey - your house is so normal...lol cool song too

Robyn said...

Hey I absolutely love holidays!!!
You will make it! LOL