
Well, it's been a fun day. Taylor's temperature got to 40deg, she couldn't bear any light or noise (fancy HER telling ME the TV was too loud LOL!) and her neck was stiff - the Mum's Panic About Sick Kids Handbook had me screaming "Meningitis"! After a while the Iboprufen kicked in and the fever dropped, she got hungry and ate some eggs and went to sleep, I'm waiting for it to wear off and the fever to shoot up again, because that will mean hospital or at the least off to the docs first thing in the morning! Poor cherub! She had Ronin playing "Post Baby" running full pelt up and down the hallway delivering little messages with a sweeping bow and a home-plate skid! He fell asleep exhausted probably just as much from his mailman duties as the stupid o'clock wake up time this morning! I predict another weird night ahead.
I'm right into the Australian version of "The Biggest Loser" at the moment - I can't believe it! I'm a reformed Reality TV Knocker! Well, I still can't stand the Big Brothers and so on, and Dancing With The Stars is long and boring and let's face it, Daryl Somers without Ossie is a sad sight indeed! I got talked into watching the first ep of this one and oh dear, I'm hooked, like an alcoholic and her nightly Chardonnay, my evening routine now revolves around that 7-7.30pm timeslot and woe betide any who get in my way! I'm a red team girl myself, I can't stand that Tracy, and of course I HATED Wal until he moved to Red, and now he's one of my favourites (naturally, the act of pulling on the red singlet caused a total personality transformation ROFL!). And I was excited to see Red win a challenge for a change, boo hiss BLUE! Surely with Tracy and Artie giving in to the temptation the other night and now the Blue Team bearing a 2kg penalty on weigh in, and Wal the Big Loser (!!) on the team, Red might have a chance of winning the weigh in! http://www.thebiggestloser.com.au/
Being Thursday, "Lost" was on tonight. I'm still enjoying it, but I must say it's dropped off a bit the last couple of weeks. They are pushing next week as one of Those Weeks You Can't Miss in the promos, so we'll see. I just want to find out who those bloody OTHERS are and where is poor little Walt? And there was no mention of the food this week, although Hurley was looking mighty chunky so maybe it's all gone now! http://au.yahoo.com/lost/
With sickies on the couch today, we got to watch Nanny McPhee on DVD. I really enjoyed it, a good kid's flick - well done Emma Thompson on a great screenplay and a lot of guts to get uglied up as the Nanny! And my oh my, an ancient Angela Lansbury - she looks great in the old Aunt's role! I hope the comeuppance served by the Nanny of the title upon those naughty children sunk into my kiddiewinks' brains! I've learned a few nasty tricks from that movie (if only I had a magic cane!). http://www.nannymcphee.com/
Well, good night and I'll catch up with you all tomorrow night! I'm sharing a Layout done in the last couple of days of Taylor and Chris at Uncle Jason and Auntie Bec's wedding (before she had her fringe cut in), using the fabulous Rebecca Erickson papers (available at The Scrap Heap http://www.thescrapheap.com.au/)
No comments:
Post a Comment