Saturday, December 04, 2010

Eeeeeeek!

Not only is it two weeks since I blogged, it's that long since I scrapped also!  I have made a card and bags for tomorrow's Christmas Cookie Exchange, but that's the end of it!  Hopefully December will afford me some scrapbooking time, in amongst the seasonal craft and other commitments!!

One of the main reasons nothing has been done is that our dear 8yo Beagle girl, Boo, blew out her cruciate ligament, obviously doing doggie zumba or perhaps acrobatics on the trampoline while I was out a few weeks ago, and had to have a big, expensive operation.  She is now a Robo-Dog with a leg full of titanium, although for the price I was expecting solid gold with diamond embellishments!  Worst of all, it meant that she is on "crate rest" for 6 weeks!  That takes it over Christmas, through our planned holiday to Victoria and Christmas with my family in Melbourne, for the first time in 12 years.  As no kennel or pet minder will now take her and it's too much to ask of a friend or neighbour, and as we would worry ourselves sick if she was alright if we left her, we have had to cancel (although hopefully only postpone) the trip.  It was heartbreaking :(

But spare a thought for the poor pooch who after a week with her leg massively bandaged and incarcerated in a cage was going completely stir crazy.  So on Wednesday when she got her bandages off, Chris bolted a pivot to the sunroom deck floor and attached a lead so now she has a little area to walk around but is still constrained, allowing her bone to knit.  Bring on Christmas, not just for Santa, plum pud and prezzies, but also as it sees an end to Boo's torture!

Well, as previously promised, here are some before and after shots of Tay's haircut.  I also haven't uploaded a heap of photos on my camera and iPhone so I will share those in the next few days.  And maybe I'll have a finished layout to share as well!

Cheers!
Tracey xxoo

BEFORE:




AFTER:




1 comment:

Chrissy said...

Awww Tay looks so cute with her shorter "do"... tell her I said she looks very pretty. :)