Sunday, July 18, 2010
So sweet....
It's hard letting your children grow up. I have been letting Taylor walk down to the local shops with a friend for a little while now, with strict time limits etc. but today she wanted to go by herself, she wanted a couple of things from the supermarket and an icecream from McDonalds. She put forward a good argument and we agreed on a time limit and so off she went. After all, she had just spent 8 days in Noumea with a school group, a walk up the shop wasn't really a big deal! She was home on the dot of her curfew, just over an hour later, ready to babysit Ronin this afternoon, and as I opened the door to her she handed me these flowers and said "Thank you Mum, for sending me to Noumea, and for letting me go off by myself today. And sorry if I have been grumpy with you since I got home."
I went off to Book Club 2 streets away (a whole 'nother story, see Ainslee's blog for details!) and when I returned, almost 3 hours later, she and Ronin had made slushies and had them in the bath (in their swimmers!), had (mostly) cleaned up after themselves and had done their chores! No arguments or fights, 2 happy kids. And I enjoyed my time out without once worrying about them, knowing she would be fine.
What a great kid. Love you so much sweetie xxxxoooo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Now that's a wonderful reminder that you must be doing something right!!!! Very sweet.
Now that's a perfect Sunday and I love your photo. The reflection on the bench is so beautiful.
Post a Comment