Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Life Just Is

Sorry for the delay everybody!  Blogger didn't like my photos, but I've finally got it all going on!

These pics are all from our lightning trip to Melbourne weekend before last for my Dad's 70th - that's him in the first photo, hard to believe he's 70 hey?  I cornered the nieces and nephews for some portrait shots, especially the boys who I usually can't pin down.  Good to finally get some good shots of them!!  I'll be sending DVDs of these down to the family next week so keep a look out!!

Chris is due home on Thursday after his work and diving trip.  The didn't get near the Kingsford-Smith crash site due to Burmese military restrictions but apparently had an amazing experience off Burma anyway.  Will get more info, and some photos, when he gets home!  He is enroute as we speak, winging his way to Sydney.  So don't worry,  he wasn't on that dive boat that sank off Phuket.  Different dive company and destination!

It has been an amazing month beginning with Black Saturday, which was also poor Jade's birthday (happy birthday sweetie!!).  Although the fires began in East Kilmore about 4km from Mum and Dad's retirement village, they are safe and sound.  They were on standby for evacuation before the wind changed and sent it over the highway towards Kinglake, and, well, the rest is history I guess.  The worst they had was a power outage in the middle of the 47C heat, but it didn't last too long.  My thoughts go out to all those who lost friends, family and homes in the fires.  The outpouring of love, sympathy and charity has been amazing.  I wonder how much will be raised from the Sound Aid concerts coming up/

In other charity news, just a big "WOOHOO" to the lovely TESS who has been raising money for cancer in the Shave for a Cure.  I'm sure she'll look just as beautiful as ever with her lovely shiny head!!

In other family news, Tay is really enjoying the rehearsals for "Snugglepot & Cuddlepie".  From what I've seen and heard picking her up twice a week it is going to be fantastic!  Ronin has been doing well at school and back at home has been drawing madly away.  I will try to post some of his creations soon (I miss my scanner!!!!).

As for me, I have been scrapping away in small amounts, and have been enjoying the return to TV of all my favourite shows (thank goodness for my DVD recorder!!).  Especially The Biggest Loser and So You Think You Can Dance Australia!  I'm also into 24, Lost, NCIS, the CSIs, Eli Stone House, Life and The Mentalist!  The past couple of weeks I have been exercising again, at the gym and on the Wii Fit, and watching what I eat so feeling much better in myself.

And finally, as well as already being a bit of a Facebook Freak I have now joined Twitter and am enjoying watching what the world leaders and celebrities as well as friends are all up to during the day - lots of fun!

To finish off:  Hope you're feeling better soon Ron and not missing those tonsils too much!  Enjoy the jelly and icecream!  Go Pies (will be watching Collingwood in the NAB Cup Final, winning it I hope!).  To all of you who attended SWIG with the lovely ladies from The Scrap Heap - www.thescrapheap.com.au - I am insanely jealous and it sounds like you all had a BALL!  Hope to be there next time.

Will also share some scrapping next time!

Until then!  Cya!

Trace xxx
























No comments: