Monday, September 01, 2008

I'M BACK & I'M MAC!

Hi everyone,

Well it's been a long time, but there's been some puter changes - we've now converted over to Mac, and I don't have all my imaging software yet so blogging is a bit difficult so I dumped it in the "too hard" basket! My dear friend Chrissy gave me a serve today so I thought I'd better make an effort! I decided to celebrate this new era with a whole new look! Hope you all like!

So what's new?

Obviously a lot since last time!

Winter is over and Spring is here - so hopefully no more of these days! I can't believe it snowed! Neither could the dogs!




In July we went to visit family in Melbourne. We had a great time staying with my sister Di and my two nephews, visiting my parents, and my brother and his lovely family. We fit in two footy matches (Collingwood of course!), one with Dianne which was Ronin's first ever live game, and one when I took my two nieces. Di, Taylor and I also went to see "Wicked" which was FANTASTIC and is now one of Taylor's all-time favourite things, right up there (almost) with Miley Cyrus!! We were excited to see Richard Reid of Channel Nine's Today Show, whom we just love, filming an episode of "Domestic Blitz" (another favourite show) in which he escorted bashing victim (an amazing survival story) Lauren Huxley and her family to the show. THEN on our way out of the carpark we saw one of the stars of the show, Anthony Callea, hopping into his big 4WD right beside us! Nothing like a bit of celeb spotting to add an extra shine to an already exciting evening! We rounded out the trip with a visit to the Melbourne Museum again, as they had a special kids friendly hands-on dinosaur exhbition. The kids loved it and we got to see a lot more this time than we did last time. We also walked through the Carlton Gardens and I've included a photo I took on the day of the kids - Ronin needed a bit of help with his smile!!





Taylor also auditioned for another musical, the part of "Lucy" in a musical version of "The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe". She aquit herself well in the dance auditions in the morning and then again in the singing and acting in the afternoon. She was a bit older than what they had asked for and that was what lost her the part in the end, as they told her when they rang to thank her for trying out. If the younger and snaller girl who got the part had not auditioned they told Tay the part would have gone to her, and they would love her to try out again in future. It's all good experience! Since then she has attended a workshop on "Auditioning for a Professional Musical" with experienced musical performer Queenie van de Zandt so I am sure that will help her on her way.

And what an exciting weekend that was, as we had spent the previous day in Dubbo for Debbie's baby shower. She has some lovely friends there and they threw her a wonderful party. Only 5 weeks now until our new niece (we believe) pops out to meet us! How wonderful that will be! Here's a nice pic I took of Deb and her Mum, and this is the "Nappy Cake" I made her which is constructed from disposable nappies and decorated with scrapbooking supplies, flowers and "rosebuds" made from baby singlets.





The last two weeks have not been good for Taylor and she has only had 2 days at school since the 18th of August firstly with tonsilitis, followed by slap face and now pharyngitis and a cold. She is back to school tomorrow and on strong antibiotics to try and clear everything up. Just in time too, as she has her school camp in less than two weeks! I used the time at home to do a bit of early spring cleaning - and to watch the Olympics! Ronin now wants to excel in every sport imaginable so he can be in the Olympics! His favourite sport to watch was the Water Polo!

I have done a little scrapbooking (mostly for The Scrap Book Inspiration Team Newsletter which is sent out each week) but not nearly as much as I like, however I feel the mojo is back again so hopefully I will get some more stuff done! I have also taught a couple of classes at Scrap Junkie, which I really enjoyed. It's such a lovely store, and Ainslee is a darling!

Finally, happy birthday to all my nieces who celebrated one after the other in July! Especially to little Elizabeth in Sydney who turned ONE! I didn't have my camera (a sin, I know!) but commandeered her Mummy's and took a few shots, which I don't have yet, Also happy birthday to my eldest nephew Rhys, who not only turned 16 but got his learners permit. His Mum is giving him ample driving experience so all of you in Melbourne had better watch out!!! Congrats also to Jake whose team made the footy grand final, even though they didn't win. Well done Jugsy! And happy birthday to our other July girl, my lovely SIL Cara! It was great to catch up with her. Also good luck to Debbie and Trent who moved house last weekend!

Chris has been busy working in the yard after spending 3 weeks travelling around Tassie for work (a bit cooler than Penang, his usual winter haunt!). We missed him terribly, and we were very glad to have him home again!

Well it took ages I know, but I've caught up! I'll do better now!

Catch ya!

Trace xx

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Yay Tracey's back.....so glad to see you blogging again, certainly have missed seeing your work. That nappy cake is just the most adorable thing I have ever seen!! Would love to borrow the idea if you don't mind.
HOpe your mojo is back on track.
luv Sharon

Chrissy said...

Nah LOL it was more like a gentle nudge love! *giggle*

Loved reading your catch up, the nappy cake looks awesome you clever chooky. Poor Tay and being so sick. When I'm teaching I often get pharyngitis not sure why but lots of teachers do, think it's the strain of using the voice too I've heard. *sigh* NOT looking forward to going back to the germs in a couple of weeks, I've been so well. How on earth did my long service leave finish so quickly?

Hugs sweetie!
Chrissy x